Mrs Coley , Miss Rolph, Miss Harris and Miss Sutton would like to welcome you to Key Stage 2 and the Year 3 webpage!
Here you can find out about all the exciting learning that is going on in Year 3 as well as some useful information about upcoming events.
3C - Mrs Coley and Miss Sutton
3R - Miss Rolph and Miss Harris
summer term 2018
|Guided Reading||Guided Reading||Guided Reading||Guided Reading||Guided Reading|
|Guided Reading||Guided Reading||Music||Numeracy||Guided Reading|
Visual literacy linked to the film Rio
Non-chronological reports on rainforest creatures
- Finding the perimeter of 2D shapes.
- Telling the time on a digital and an analogue clock, including one with Roman numerals.
- The 24 hour clock and AM/PM times.
- Knowing the number of days in a year/leap year and in each month.
1.Using a written method for multiplication to answer questions such as 16 x 5.
2. Solving multiplication problems including scaling up.
3. Solving missing number problems.
- Adding and subtracting fractions.
- Ordering and comparing fractions.
This term we will be learning all about tropical rainforests. We will use atlases to locate rainforests of the world and research the four layers of a rainforest. In addition, we will find out about the different plants and animals of the rainforest. Finally, we will explore enviromental issues such as deforestation.
We will be revising internet safety and then we will use chrome books to research rainforests. We also be creating our own rainforest animation using pictures, video and sound.
Recognising that light from the sun can be dangerous and that there are ways to protect eyes.
Finding out how shadows are formed.
Finding patterns in the way that the size of shadows change.
Looking at how light is reflected from different surfaces.
Recognising that we need light in order toings and that dark is the absence of light.
This term our topic in Religious Education will be "Pilgrimages". We will be comparing pilgrimages from different faiths and identifying how they are similar and different.
Christianity - Lourdes
Hinduism - Varanasi
Islam - Mecca
Remember to be school ready, you will need to:
1. Bring your reading book and reading record every day.
2. Bring in any monies in a named envelope.
3. Bring your P.E kit in on a Monday morning.
4. Hand in your homework to your class teacher by Wednesday at the latest.
5. Bring in your library books to be changed during lunchtime or during the class allocated library session (3C - Thursdays) .
6. Children also need to make sure that they are practising their times tables and spellings weekly.
We would like you to make a 3D scene from a rainforest. For example, you could use a shoe box and show the four layers of the rainforest. This homework is due in on Wednesday 25th April 2018.
This Week's Spellings Test Date: 20.4.18
Yellow Group Green/Blue/Red Groups
Friday 16th April - start of summer term
Friday 20th April - Payment due for Birmingham Botanical Gardens (£15)
Wednesday 25th April - Rainforest project due in
Thursday 3rd May - visit to Birmingham Botanical Gardens.
Helpful links to support numeracy
Helpful links to support literacy
Helpful links to support homework