Mrs Coley , Miss Rolph, Miss Harris and Miss Sutton would like to welcome you to Key Stage 2 and the Year 3 webpage!
Here you can find out about all the exciting learning that is going on in Year 3 as well as some useful information about upcoming events.
3C - Mrs Coley and Miss Sutton
3R - Miss Rolph and Miss Harris
|Guided Reading||Literacy||R.E||Guided Reading||Guided Reading|
|Guided Reading||Guided Reading||Music||Numeracy||Guided Reading|
Myths and Legends
Science Fiction Stories
The text we will be using in literacy is called Beowulf the Brave
- recognising tenths
- counting up and down in tenths
- finding a fraction of a number or shape
Finding 10/100 more and less than a given number
This half term we will be learning all about the Anglo-Saxons. We will find out why the Anglo-Saxons invaded and settled in Britain. In addition we will find out about a typical Anglo-Saxon village and research the jobs people did. We will also analyse and describe Anglo-Saxon artefacts and explain what they teach us about Anglo-Saxon culture. Finally, we will reseach, design, make and evaulate a moving monster (inspired by Beowulf).
We will be revising internet safety and then use the internet to find out about Anglo-Saxon settlements.
This term our topic in Religious Education will be "Holy Books". We will be looking at the Bible and the Qur'an.
Remember to be school ready, you will need to:
1. Bring your reading book and reading record every day.
2. Bring in any monies in a named envelope.
3. Bring your P.E kit in on a Monday morning.
4. Hand in your homework to your class teacher by Wednesday at the latest.
5. Bring in your library books to be changed during lunchtime or during the class allocated library session (3C - Thursdays) .
6. Children also need to make sure that they are practising their times tables and spellings weekly.
17th January - 3R's visit to Walsall Leather Museum
18th January - 3C's visit to Walsall Leather Museum
Helpful links to support numeracy
Helpful links to support literacy
Helpful links to support homework