Mrs Coley , Miss Rolph, Miss Harris and Miss Sutton would like to welcome you to Key Stage 2 and the Year 3 webpage!
Here you can find out about all the exciting learning that is going on in Year 3 as well as some useful information about upcoming events.
3C - Mrs Coley and Miss Sutton
3R - Miss Rolph and Miss Harris
summer term 2018
|Literacy||Literacy||Guided Reading||Guided Reading||Guided Reading|
|Guided Reading||Guided Reading||Music||Numeracy||Guided Reading|
Visual literacy linked to the film Rio
Non-chronological reports on rainforest creatures
- Finding the perimeter of 2D shapes.
- Telling the time on a digital and an analogue clock, including one with Roman numerals.
- The 24 hour clock and AM/PM times.
- Knowing the number of days in a year/leap year and in each month.
1.Using a written method for multiplication to answer questions such as 16 x 5.
2. Solving multiplication problems including scaling up.
3. Solving missing number problems.
- Adding and subtracting fractions.
- Ordering and comparing fractions.
This term we will be learning all about tropical rainforests. We will use atlases to locate rainforests of the world and research the four layers of a rainforest. In addition, we will find out about the different plants and animals of the rainforest. Finally, we will explore enviromental issues such as deforestation.
We will be revising internet safety and then we will use chrome books to research rainforests. Also we will be creating our own rainforest animation using pictures, video and sound.
Recognising that light from the sun can be dangerous and that there are ways to protect eyes.
Finding out how shadows are formed.
Finding patterns in the way that the size of shadows change.
Looking at how light is reflected from different surfaces.
Recognising that we need light in order toings and that dark is the absence of light.
This term our topic in Religious Education will be "Jesus: Why do some people find him inspirational?". We will be discussing people that we find inspirational and the qualities they have in common. Also, we will look at the symbolic language used to describe Jesus e.g I am the good shepherd. In addition to this, we will listen to some parables and miracles, and study how Jesus has been represented in artwork. Finally, we hope to interview Rev. Sharron and find out how believing in Jesus impacts her life.
Remember to be school ready, you will need to:
1. Bring your reading book and reading record every day.
2. Bring in any monies in a named envelope.
3. Bring your P.E kit in on a Monday morning.
4. Hand in your homework to your class teacher by Wednesday at the latest.
5. Bring in your library books to be changed during lunchtime or during the class allocated library session (3C - Thursdays) .
6. Children also need to make sure that they are practising their times tables and spellings weekly.
Rainforest Inspire Afternoon
Thank you to all the parents and carers who joined us for our afternoon of rainforest inspired learning! The children had a wonderful time tasting foods from the rainforest, completing their rainforest activity packs and seeing for themselves the effects of deforestation in the imersion room.
This Week's Spellings (Test Date: 12.7.18)
Yellow Group Green/Blue/Red Groups
Friday 29th June - £5.00 payment for Rainforest workshop due in.
Thursday 5th July - Rainforest Fabulous Finish! - children may come to school dressed in rainforest themed/coloured clothes.
Helpful links to support numeracy
Helpful links to support literacy
Helpful links to support homework